We may collect and process the following information about you and your business:
· information (such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone number and financial information about your business) that you provide or make available to us:
· by completing forms on the website, including if you register with the website as a lender, borrower or introducer or if you subscribe to any of our services;
· using a third party service or third party application (such as Xero or Quickbooks) to import data to the website or otherwise share your information with us;
· in connection with an account sign-in facility, your log-in and password details;
· details of any transactions made by you via the website or as a result of the service provided via the website;
· communications you send to us, for example to report a problem or to submit queries, concerns or comments regarding the website or our services.
You are under no obligation to provide any such information. However, if you should choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain services.
If you are an introducer, you may be asked to provide details of a borrower or potential borrower, which may include personal information. By providing us with their details, you confirm that you have their permission to do so and must not provide us with the details of anyone from whom you do not have such permission.
When you visit the website, we may automatically collect additional information about you, such as the type of internet browser you use, any third party website from which you have come to the website and your IP address (the unique address which identifies your computer on the internet) and your operating system, which are automatically recognised by our web server. You cannot be identified from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on the website and to collect broad demographic information for aggregate use.
When you visit our website, our web server sends a cookie to your computer. Cookies are small pieces of information which are issued to your computer when you visit a website, and which store and sometimes track information about your use of the website. A number of cookies we use last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser ('session cookies'). Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the website and will last for longer ('persistent cookies').
· remember that you have visited us before so that we can identify the number of unique visitors we receive and allow us to make sure we have enough capacity for the number of users that we get;
· customise elements of the promotional layout and/or content of the pages of the website; and
· collect anonymous statistical information about how you use the website (including how long you spend on the website) and where you have come to the website from, so that we can improve the website and learn which parts of the website are most popular with users.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser. Please note, however, that by blocking or deleting cookies used on the website, you may not be able to take full advantage of the website.
Type & duration
We will use the information you provide:
· to enable us to provide your business with the services offered through the website and which you request on behalf of your business (either as a lender, borrower or introducer);
· to enable us to facilitate the requested relationships between introducers, borrowers and/or lenders via the website;
· to administer your account with us on behalf of your business as a borrower / lender / introducer;
· to improve the layout and/or content of the pages of the website and customise them for users;
· to identify visitors to the website;
· to carry out research on our users' demographics; and
· to send you whitepapers or other information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us, including information about our services, provided you have indicated that you do not object to being contacted for these purposes.
We will share details relating to borrowers (whether provided by the borrower directly or via an introducer) to lenders who have registered with us to enable the lenders to assess the borrower's suitability for a financial product offered by them.
We may disclose aggregate statistics about visitors to the website in order to describe our services to reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifiable information.
We may disclose the information you submit via the website to our affiliates, or to our agents or contractors who assist us in providing the services we offer through the website, fulfilling requests for information, receiving and sending communications, updating marketing lists, analysing data, providing support services or in other tasks, from time to time. Our agents and contractors will only use your information to the extent necessary to perform their functions.
In the event that we undergo re-organisation or are sold to a third party, you agree that any personal information we hold about you may be transferred to that re-organised entity or third party.
We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary to prevent fraud or cyber-crime or to protect the website or the rights, property or personal safety of any person.
Third party services
The website may, from time to time, contain links to external websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such websites.
We place great importance on the security of all personally identifiable information associated with our users. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control. For example, our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised personnel have access to personal information. While we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of information will never occur, we use all reasonable efforts to prevent it.
You should bear in mind that submission of information over the internet is never entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of information you submit via the website while it is in transit over the internet and any such submission is at your own risk.
It is advisable to close your browser when you have finished your user session to help ensure others do not access your personal information if you use a shared computer or a computer in a public place.
Information that you submit via the website is sent to and stored on secure servers located in Europe. This is necessary in order to process the information. Information submitted by you may be transferred by us to our other offices and/or to our third party service providers outside the European Economic Area (EEA). The countries concerned may not have similar data protection laws to the EEA. Where we transfer your information we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected. By submitting information via the website, you agree to this storing, processing and/or transfer.
You have a legal right under the Data Protection Act 1998 to a copy of all the personal information about you held by us. On request, we will provide you with a copy of this information subject to a fee not exceeding £10. You also have a right to correct any errors in that information. As mentioned above, you have a right to prevent the use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.