About the contract
Improving our existing Data Warehousing ~ 1 month
We’ve already built a DataOps driven data-warehouse-as-code using the latest technologies such as Apache Airflow, Docker, Metabase and PostgreSQL. We have a scoped project to improve the stability and accuracy of our data warehouse, and your first job will be helping us realise this:
- Migrate our dirty data store from a structured model to a NoSQL data lake
- Migrate our clean data store from a structured model to a JSON schema
- Build our V2 data-warehouse to enable faster and easier user queries
Prediction through modelling and Machine Learning ~ 1 month
We have built a price forecasting model that helps our customers understand the possible costs associated with the financial products they’re looking at, neatly wrapped up in a Python based micro-service. We’ve enhanced the design of this model to enable more flexible use; your second job will be enhancing this model using data from our warehouse:
- Build a new predictive model (likely using Random Forest Trees to sort data, and Guassian distribution to predict the values).
- Implement the model in our warehouse providing an up to date stream of predictive pricing
- Upgrade our existing python service to utilize the new model
Ad-hoc data analysis and reporting ~ 1 month
With decision makers across our business there is a constant need to enhance existing or provide new reports giving them the insight needed to make smart decisions. From our CEO working with investors to our marketing team making sense of our customers - you’ll have the opportunity to work across the business.
- Bring together data from our warehouse to to understand the impact and performance of our decisions
- Ad-hoc analysis projects such as identifying key drivers behind pricing and declines.